Frequently Asked Questions on Facility Rentals
*********Page Under Construction*********
How can I make an appointment to come see your facilities?
You can email firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment.
What is the capacity?
- Our main building occupancy is 200 (max) people – also the number of chairs available. When the tables and chairs are set up in the sanctuary the occupancy is roughly 80.
- Our Religious Exploration room’s occupancy is 45 (max).
- Our Meditation room’s occupancy is 15 (max)
- Our Childcare room’s occupancy is 15 (max)
- Our Small meeting room’s occupancy is 12 (max)
How many tables and chairs are there and what other items are available for use?
- 3 – 6′ White rectangles
- 1 – 4′ Black rectangle
- 9 – 5′ White diameter circles
- 1 – 2’ small square glass top/metal leg side table
- 1 – 3 ‘ small square wooden coffee table
- 1 – 4’ x 2’ wooden rectangle coffee table
- 150 – stacking chairs
- 3 – high sitting stools (for adults)
- 2 – Low sitting stools (for adults)
- 1 – slim table/desk – 5’long, useful in the greeting area
- 1 small whiteboard on wheels
- 1 large whiteboard in the Religious Exploration (Raspberry) room is attached to the wall
- 2 portable ___x___ sign holders available
What are the dimensions of the available spaces?
- Main area: 56 ft. x 41 ft. (2,361 SF)
- Stage: __’ Wide x __’ Deep
- 13 ft. x 36 ft.
- Area of roughly __ square feet
- ___” wide front opening
- ___” from the ground to the top of the front opening
- area: __’ Wide x __’ Deep
Religious Exploration (Raspberry) Room
- area: 31 ft. x 16 ft (can sepeate into two rooms with acordian wall)
Meditation (Green) Room
- area: 15 ft. x 16 ft.
Childcare (Rainbow) Room
- area: 14 ft. x 16 ft.
Small Meeting (Teal) room
- area: 15 ft. x 16 ft.
How are rental prices determined?
We consider several things in determining the Rental Fee including the day of the week and the type or purpose of the event.
How much do I have to pay to hold a date?
A minimum of $200 will hold the date. This payment and subsequent payments toward the Rental Fee are non-refundable. All payments need to be made in person by cash or money order – paid to Unitarian Universalist Church of Corpus Christi, or U2C3, or UU Church.
What deposits are required?
Separate from the Rental Fee is a $200 “Key, Cleaning, Damage” (K.C.D.) deposit. This deposit is required for all rentals and is due a day or two before the event. To receive a complete refund of the K.C.D. deposit, the key must be returned, the cleaning checklist must have been followed, and the space must have been left as it was found without damage.
Is clean-up required?
Yes. We require that renters clean up immediately after their events to return our facilities to the condition in which they were found. We have a checklist to be used to make sure cleanup is thorough. It will be helpful if you have a helper or team of helpers available for cleanup.
What facilities are available?
- 1 conventional electric oven and 1 cooktop for warmup
- Full-size residential standing freezer
- Double-sided Commercial refrigerator
- Convection oven
- Double-sided sink (No Disposal)
- Handwashing Sink
- Prep Table
- Counter Space
- Coffee Maker
- 3 bathrooms are available – 1 with urinals.
What audio/video capabilities are available?
We have a talented in-house technician who can be hired separately to handle stage lighting, as well as projecting and playing digital music and/or video. Please ask us for details. Limited availability. $20/hour. A flat fee of $30 for set up of a slide show only.
- TV/Internet access in Religious Exploration (Raspberry) room – HDMI hook up
- DVD/VHS Player available in Religious Exploration (Raspberry) room
- TV available in Childcare (Rainbow) room – HDMI hook up
- TV available in Small meeting (Teal) room – HDMI hook up
- TV available in Meditation (Green) room – HDMI hook up
Do you have a linen service?
No, we do not.
Do you know a good decorator, DJ, photographer, or caterer?
Chef Tony for catering – ask for more information.
We do not have a decorator, Dj, or photographer to recommend at this time.
Do you require security?
At our discretion, we may require security. Please note that all of our rental events are for invited guests only. We do not allow ‘flyer parties.’
Do you allow dancing?
Yes, we do.
Do you allow alcohol?
We do allow alcohol to be served. However, we require that people be responsible hosts and not overserve anyone, or allow consumption of alcohol by persons under the age of 21.
Glass bottles are not allowed to be given out at all. Cups, cans, or plastic bottles are allowed alternatives. The presence of alcohol at an event will affect the rental price.
Is the outdoor gazebo included?
The outdoor gazebo can be rented along with the outdoor space. The gazebo does not currently have electricity.
Can conferences, workshops, and meetings be held in your spaces?
Yes, we are very interested in working with you. Please email email@example.com with your event needs/details and call 361-986-8855 to leave a message with your interest and contact number.
Is there a place to get ready?
For large weddings, and depending on availability, there are rooms for bridal parties and groom and groomsmen to get ready. For smaller events, there is a small office space available. That small space is also perfect for entertainers needing to change into costumes for children’s parties. (We do ask that you please pick up your stray feathers, fur, confetti.)
When can we set up and decorate for our event?
Setup and decoration should be planned for the same day of the event. Please check with our rental coordinator to confirm scheduling and special arrangements.
Is there a map of your grounds and buildings?
We are currently working on a digital copy.