March 2-4, 2018
Unitarian Universalist Church of Corpus Christi, Texas
WHO? Youth in grades 6-8 are invited to join us in learning how our Unitarian Universalist Faith helps guide us to make a difference in the world.
What are we going to do?
- Participate in a social action project
- Watch a film and learn about the history of Colonias and the struggles they face.
- Play “capture the flag” and “ultimate Frisbee” on the church grounds.
- Experience songs, games and projects that are Unitarian Universalist focused.
- Practice the seven principles in a safe and affirming community.
- Meet other awesome Unitarian Universalist middle school youth.
- Have a World of fun!
What to expect
- Arrive Friday evening between 7 and 10 pm for registration, snacks, and settling in.
- Opening Circle begins at 10 pm, followed by socializing and a night-time worship. Lights out at 12 am
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Saturday.
- Saturday’s schedule will include activities, games, & fun.
- Sunday morning closing circle followed by takeaway breakfast
You must pre-register; we must know of all participants prior to the conference. The cost is $30. This event is not appropriate for those youth who have already taken part in high school Rally or Con events. There will be a 1 to 5 ratio of adults to youth.
Mail Registration forms and checks payable to:
6901 Holly Rd.
Corpus Christi, TX 78413
Attn: RE Director: Note child’s name and CongrUUity on check
Pre-registration is required; cost is $30, $40 after Feb.25. $50 for 2 or more youth, $60 after Feb.25
For registration forms & information visit UUCorpus.org
or contact Lauren Cantatore-Causey at REdirector@uucorpus.org Cell: 210-831-7820
What to bring
- Sturdy closed toed Shoes (tennis, Keen’s, Hiking) Waterproof is a plus
- Back Up Shoes – can be flip flops or sandals
- Socks (at least one pair)
- Hat or cap for sun or rain
- Jacket – for warmth
- Water repellant jacket or poncho (full size or travel size) for inclement weather
- At least one long sleeve shirtb
- Sleeping clothes or pajamas
- OTHER ITEMS:
- Sleeping bag (may need a sleeping mat if the conference is at a Church)
- Toiletries/personal care items (toothbrush, toothpaste, contact solution etc.)
- Towel and wash cloth
- Sun screen
- Flash Light
- Water Bottle ( a flat type water bottle with a carabiner hook is ideal)
- Books, Journal, Camera
- Money for food purchase during travel to and from event
NOTES ON CELL PHONES:
Youth Conferences are cell phone free events. Youth may be allowed to keep their phones with them at the event, as long as they do not interfere with the Youth’s participation at the event. If cell phones become problematic, they may be collected and kept in a safe area by the advisors.